Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Robert Frost poems: The inspiration from the life

| Tuesday, November 22, 2011 | 0 nhận xét


A famous American poet who received four Pulitzer Prizes for Poetry, Robert Frost was honored frequently during his lifetime. Over five decades carried out his poetic career; he had created himself a body of arts in every poem he composed, which was representation of America. Through his talent as a poet was highly respected and matched by some, however, his life, as it appeared to be the inspiration of his famous artworks, was difficult from the very first moment of his life to the day he passed away.

Robert Frost Poems

Frost’s poetry was never an entertaining piece of literature, because his poems mirrored his life, which was the endless war between the opposites that anyone of us may encounter during our lifetime. Death and birth, black and white, and his inner strong ambition for writing versus deepening depression caused by his personal life were the things that he gives life to on the pages of his books. Understanding the invisible connection between Robert Frost poem and his sorrowful life is a good idea if you want to know how Mr. Frost’s poems were that great, so in order to have a deeper view of his life, we’d better look through two famous poems of Robert Frost.

“Desert Places” by Robert Frost is the poem that its composer uses to tell his sad feelings after observising a snow-covered field. This poem was the bleak picture of the field, changed into a snow field just in a few weeks, and in the background, the woods were as they had never changed before. The opposite of the field and the woods around indicates the insolation with in the author‘s spirit, insolation from the world around him.

Each snowflake fell on the field unintentionally and quietly was resemblance to every moment the author lived in his lonely world. Robert Frost speaks of the empty spaces between the stars that he actually has inside himself, the sorrow of losing his daughters and sons. The author tried to find a way to fill the void within his soul, but as the truth told, Mr. Frost failed to fullfill his destiny. The same feeling of loneliness was shared in many other poem of Mr. Frost, like Acquainted with the Night for example.

Another famous artwork of Mr. Frost is “The Death of the Hired Man”.This poem contains many of the stereotypical characteristics of Frost’s poetry, particularly the rural environment, and the everyday struggle of the farm couple over their relationship to the farmhand, and the colloquial dialogue. The story was about Silas, the farmhand, returned to the farm he used to work, after walked away many times, and died there. The poem is based on the main topics that burden Frost much in his life: “Life and Death”. The hired man returned to his so called home, just to live the last moment of his life here.

The poem also shows how Silas lived and how he celebrated his life by doing the things that he wanted to do instead of doing what other people wanted him to do. And the impact of his death upon the farm couple is the feeling of grief and belief, though they don’t put much more faith upon him in the past. Being a farmer and also a person who lost his members of family, Frost tell a great story of Family and Friendship, Home and Belonging


#1: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.


#2:The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


#3:The Lockless Door by Robert Frost

It went many years,
But at last came a knock,
And I though of the door
With no lock to lock.

I blew out the light,
I tip-toed the floor,
And raised both hands
In prayer to the door.

But the knock came again.
My window was wide;
I climbed on the sill
And descended outside.

Back over the sill
I bade a 'Come in'
To whatever the knock
At the door may have been.

So at a knock
I emptied my cage
To hide in the world
And alter with age.

#4:A Time to Talk

When a friend calls to me from the road
And slows his horse to a meaning walk,
I don't stand still and look around
On all the hills I haven't hoed,
And shout from where I am, What is it?
No, not as there is a time to talk.
I thrust my hoe in the mellow ground,
Blade-end up and five feet tall,
And plod: I go up to the stone wall
For a friendly visit.

Robert Frost Poems1


I hope this article help out. If you want to know more about Robert Frost poems, visit me at Robert Frost Poems

0 nhận xét:

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment

 

© 2011 Robert Frost Poems All Rights Reserved